Caring Hearts and Voices is a NFP organization dedicated to supporting those in need through music.
During our final BOD meeting of 2022, Caring Hearts and Voices reviewed our events and budget for the year and looking forward, and things are not looking good.
The music world is hurting. People are hurting.
- Musicians are struggling to make ends meet, and struggling to utilize music as self-care. The cost of housing, food, and medical expenses continues to rise while jobs that pay livable wages decreases. Music as self-care is expensive and inaccessible.
- Musicians lost their supplemental income from live performances since the beginning of the pandemic, and have not returned in the same capacity. Shows are frequently canceled from illness, poor attendance, and staffing shortages.
- Music supporting venues, such as bars, restaurants, coffee shops, concert halls, needed to cut back or discontinued hiring local musicians. Some are no longer in existence.
- Licensed Music therapists have lost their paid positions in hospitals, as are being replaced by volunteer musicians.
For 2023, we are shifting our focus to supporting those in need through music, by supporting our musicians and small business in this time of need by hosting:
- Community Performance featuring local musicians at locally owned coffee shops
- Open Mics and Open Jams in safe and welcoming spaces
- Meetups to attend live music events at local venues who hire local musicians
Board of Directors
Maria Jordan - President/CEO & Executive Director
Julie Marie Boettcher - Secretary & Interim Director of Marketing & Communications
Rob Blohm - Treasurer & Interim Director of Fundraising & Social Events
Jean Adaskavich - Director of Volunteers & Service Outreach
[Vacancy] - Director of Marketing & Communications
[Vacancy] - Director of Fundraising & Social Events
Quarterly Board Meetings are open to the public and typically take place once a quarter on a Wednesday at 7:00 PM CT. These meetings are being conducted virtually through Google Meet until further notice. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in receiving the link to join the next meeting.
2021-22 Board Meeting Minutes
Q1 (Sept - Nov 2021)
Q2 (Dec - Feb 2022)
Q3 (March - May 2022)
Q4 (June - August 2022)
2020-21 Board Meeting Minutes
Q1 (Sept - Nov 2020)
Q2 (Dec 2020 - Feb 2021)
Q3 (Mar - May 2021) - meeting cancelled due to BOD scheduling conflicts
Q4 (June - Aug 2021) - meeting cancelled due to BOD scheduling conflicts
2019-20 Board Meeting Minutes
Q1 (Sept - Nov, 2019)
Q2 (Dec 2019 - Jan 2020)
Q3 (Feb - May 2020)
Q4 (June - Aug 2020)